Damien concentrates his practice on real estate, employment and construction defect litigation.
As a real estate lawyer, Damien helps his clients resolve a broad scope of disputes involving real property. His experience includes landlord/tenant litigation, easement and property line disputes, neighbor disputes, HOA litigation, actions to quiet title, and many other types of cases involving real property. He also defends real estate brokerages and brokers in connection with their efforts to buy, sell and manage real estate.
In construction-defect litigation, Damien has substantial experience representing general contractors and subs, as well as owners, architects and materialmen. His experience includes comparatively smaller cases involving condos and townhomes, as well as larger cases involving single family homes, multifamily and commercial properties.
As an employment law specialist, Damien represents clients in state and federal court as well as mediation and arbitration. Damien is highly experienced in the successful litigation of multi-plaintiff and individual-plaintiff discrimination, harassment, whistleblower, retaliation, wage-and-hour and other employment related lawsuits under state and federal law. When representing employers, Damien coaches management to implement "best practices" that help prevent formalized disputes while also preparing for litigation or arbitration if such disputes cannot be avoided. Damien also counsels both management and individuals regarding their workplace-related rights under state and federal law and he assists in the review and negotiation of employment and independent contractor agreements.
Damien also has substantial experience counseling clients on a range of commercial disputes involving individuals, partnerships, corporations and other business entities. In this role, Damien is often consulted regarding claims for breach of contract/fiduciary duty, business torts, partnership disputes, trade secret litigation and other disputes involving failed business transactions resulting in financial loss.
- Attorney. Frascona, Joiner, Goodman and Greenstein, P.C., August 2015 - Present.
- Attorney. Hoffmann, Parker, Wilson & Carberry, Denver, Colorado, 2014 - 2015
- Specialization in municipal law and litigation.
- Handled all aspects of state court litigation involving diverse topics of law.
- Lead counsel in municipal court trials.
- Assistant general counsel for various municipalities and counties.
- Provided counsel on diverse areas of the law including governmental, real estate, regulatory and contract law.
- Attorney. Shortridge, Fitzke & Hultquist, P.C., Englewood, Colorado, 2012 - 2014
- Specialization in real estate, commercial and employment litigation.
- Accountable for all aspects of state and federal court litigation from initial consultations through appeals.
- Researched and drafted litigation filings for all aspects of state and federal litigation.
- Took and defended depositions, argued motions and made various appearances.
- Represented clients in settlement conferences, mediations and administrative and regulatory investigations and proceedings.
- Attorney. Karp Neu Hanlon, P.C., Glenwood Springs, Colorado, 2008 - 2012
- Specialization in employment, construction defect and commercial litigation.
- Experience as lead counsel in state district court, county court and municipal court trials.
- Researched and drafted various federal and state court pleadings and papers.
- Took and defended depositions, argued motions and made various appearances in court and administrative hearings.