Ms. Marcus represents clients in real estate, creditor’s rights, commercial litigation and bankruptcy matters. She joined Frascona, Joiner, Goodman and Greenstein, P.C. as Of Counsel in 2020.
Ms. Marcus has worked in conjunction with attorneys, public trustees and legislators in drafting and revising state legislation impacting the Colorado foreclosure process and participated as a member of the Supreme Court Rules Subcommittee in drafting the most recent revisions to C.R.C.P. 120. She is an annual Update Author and Instructor of Judicial Foreclosure Actions and Sheriff's Sales as part of the Colorado Real Estate Practice series. She is a member of the Legislative and Regulatory Affairs Committee of the Colorado Mortgage Lenders Association. Ms. Marcus has co-authored and edited articles for various mortgage lending trade publications and has instructed continuing legal education seminars on real estate-related topics.
Ms. Marcus is admitted to practice in Colorado and in the United States Court for the District of Colorado, United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit and the United States Supreme Court. She enjoys an AV Preeminent Peer and Judiciary rating from Martindale Hubbell.
- Of Counsel. Frascona, Joiner, Goodman an Greenstein, P.C., April 2020 - Present.
- Senior Attorney. Janeway Law Firm, P.C., April 2013 - March 2020.
- Member & Shareholder. The Castle Law Group, LLC, May 1997 - April 2013.
- Associate Attorney. Meinhold, Stawiarski, Shapiro & Codilis, LLP, Feb. 1992 - May 1997.
- Associate Attorney. Lewis, Weinert & Powell, P.C. , March 1990 - January 1992.
- Associate Attorney. Codilis & Stawiarski, P.C. , June 1987 - March 1990.
- Senior attorney engaged in all aspects of the firm's practice focusing on creditor representation in the area of real estate law with an emphasis on foreclosures, bankruptcy, real estate title and consumer financial services litigation. Primary responsibility for litigation in state and federal courts including quiet title, eminent domain, partition, easements, HOA actions, civil forfeitures, bankruptcy adversary proceedings and lien priority disputes. Attorney manager of title department/real estate closings group. Responsible for title claims and title litigation.
- Member and shareholder of the law firm concentrating in the areas of real estate, title, creditor's rights, bankruptcy and related consumer financial services litigation. Experienced in representation of creditors in the areas of residential and commercial foreclosures, loan workouts, evictions and related litigation. Managed title group with primary responsibility for claims and title litigation. Developed and presented in-house legal training for staff and associate attorneys. Implemented procedural compliance with federal regulatory directives to clients. During tenure at firm and its predecessor entities, attorney manager of foreclosure and bankruptcy departments charged with hiring and training of associate attorneys and support staff.
- Associate attorney responsible for representation of creditors in the areas of foreclosure, bankruptcy and attendant litigation. Managed the law firm's bankruptcy department. Participated in implementation of pilot project for the U.S. Department of Housing and Ur ban Development pursuing deficiency judgment lawsuits in Colorado.
- Associate attorney in litigation firm representing clients in business litigation, bankruptcy, intellectual property and transactional matters.
- Associate attorney practicing in the areas of residential foreclosures, bankruptcy, evictions and real estate litigation.
- J.D., George Washington University, National Law Center, 1986
- B.S., University of Colorado, Journalism, 1983
- ICM v. Herring, 758 F. Supp. 1425 (D.Colo.1991)
- Bank of America v. Kosovich, 878 P.2d 65 (Colo. App.1994)
- Supreme Court Rules Subcommittee on proposed changes to C.R.C.P. 120 (2014-2017)
- Colorado Mortgage Lenders Association - Legislative and Regulatory Advisory Committee (2012 - present)
- Member, Colorado Bar Association - Real Estate Section and Business Section/Bank
- Member, Douglas/Elbert County Bar Association
- Martindale/Hubbell - AV peer rating
Google Review By Rene Harding: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ My experience with Liz Marcus at Frascona, Joiner, Goodman and Greenstien was so outstanding I want to tell you about her. I was in a situation where I needed help and felt awful about it. Liz was compassionate, kind and listened extremely well to what I needed. Liz made me feel better about what had happened. All the while still performing her job to search out a solution and make sure it was not all my fault. Her communication skills through the whole process are impressive. She always keep me in the loop. I can’t say enough about how much I appreciated her help and professionalism. I highly recommend her if you need help.
RECENT ARTICLES BY LIZ MARCUS
Colorado’s Homestead Exemption and Other Debtor Exemptions Increased
Colorado’s statutory homestead exemption exempts a portion of a homestead from seizure to satisfy a debt, contract, or civil obligation. Section 2 increases the amount of the homestead exemption.
Governor Extends Eviction Relief to Tenants
Governor Jared Polis issued Executive Order D 2020 051 (COVID-19), providing further eviction relief for tenants and mobile home owners.
Liz Marcus is Of Cousel with Frascona, Joiner, Goodman and Greenstein, P.C., a Colorado law firm. Her practice areas include Real Estate, Creditor’s Rights, Bankruptcy, and Commerial Litigation. Contact Liz Marcus.
Disclaimer — Content is general information only. Information is not provided as advice for a specific matter, nor does its publication create an attorney-client relationship. Laws vary from one state to another. For legal advice on a specific matter, consult an attorney.