Mr. Zuckerman counsels clients in land use, water law, real estate, and civil litigation matters. He was hired by Frascona, Joiner, Goodman and Greenstein, P.C. in 2013 as a law clerk and happily stayed on to become an attorney at the firm in 2015.
Mr. Zuckerman brings real-world, hands-on knowledge in land use and environmental planning, construction, real estate finance, and related fields. Significant professional experience includes serving as a land use planner in both the public and non-profit sectors, supervising residential and commercial construction projects, and owning and managing a design/build firm.
Enjoys family life and a seemingly ever-expanding range of outdoor activities, especially fly fishing, riding motorcycles on the trail and the racetrack, hiking, skiing, and playing baseball. Lectures in the Masters of the Environment Program at the University of Colorado. Serves as Chairman of the City of Boulder’s Planning Board.
Associate Attorney, Frascona, Joiner, Goodman and Greenstein, P.C.
Boulder, CO – September 2015 to the present
Law Clerk, Frascona, Joiner, Goodman and Greenstein, P.C.
Boulder, CO – January 2014 to August 2015
Judicial Intern, Judge Christine Arguello, Federal District Court, District of Colorado
Denver, CO – May to August 2013
Regional Plan Update Director, Tahoe Regional Planning Agency
Stateline, Nevada – July 2009 to September 2011
- Restarted/streamlined a planning process that had stalled after seven years of controversy
- Managed a $1.5 million EIS; a $1.25 million annual budget; six staff planners; multiple consultants; and the overhaul of the plan, code, rules of procedure, and zoning system for an area covering parts of six jurisdictions and two states as well as 150,000 acres under federal agency management
Principal Planner, Douglas County Planning Division
Minden, Nevada – May 2006 to February 2009
- Completed the Douglas County Master Plan and Open Space Plan
- Promulgated ordinances that capped the residential growth rate, promoted traditional development patterns and density in the towns, and incentivized ranchland preservation
Principal/Owner, ZM Design/Builders
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania – May 2003 to April 2006
- Completed high-end historic restorations as well as innovative new and adaptive reuse projects
Juris Doctor, University of Colorado Law School
Boulder, Colorado – August 2012 to May 2015
Environmental Law Review – Associate Editor, Acequia Assistance Project, Moot Court, Orientation Leader, Recipient of Sustainable Development Law Scholarship and Harold Taft King & Thelma Owen King Memorial Scholarship
Master of City and Regional Planning, University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania – August 1995 to December 1997
Bachelor of Arts in History, Oberlin College
Oberlin, Ohio – August 1990 to May 1994
Minor in Politics; Varsity Baseball Team (lettered four years at 2B)
Colorado Real Estate Forms Deskbook, Second Edition (contributing co-author with Jon Goodman – “Chapter 1: Broker Listing Documents”)
Bradford Publishing Company, May 2017
2012 Lake Tahoe Regional Plan
Stateline, NV – December 2012
2007 Open Space and Agricultural Land Preservation Plan
Douglas County, NV – October 11, 2007
Douglas County 2006 Master Plan Update (with Design Workshop, County Staff)
Douglas County, Nevada – January 2007
“Eds and Meds: Cities' Hidden Assets” (with Dr. Ira Harkavy)
Brookings Institution, Washington, DC – September 1999
The Spruce Hill Community Renewal Plan (with Nathaniel Popkin)
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA – 1996
Acequia Assistance Project, University of Colorado Law School
San Luis Valley, Colorado – October 2012 to the present
- Drafted by-laws and articles of incorporation for the San Acacio (San Acacio, CO) and Montez (San Luis, CO) Acequia Associations
Advisory Planning Commission, Tahoe Regional Planning Agency
Stateline, NV – October 2006 to February 2009
- Served as the Douglas County representative to the APC
Google Review By Elaine Ferwerda ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Harmon Zuckerman @ Frascona, Joiner, Goodman & Greenstein gave me excellent advice and legal expertise in an access issue battle on land in Sunshine Canyon. The guy knows his stuff and has a sense of humor. I highly recommend him (and the firm) if you find yourself in a similar unfortunate situation.